Got inspired to start a bit of Bread Baking again, thought I’d give this recipe at Attic24 a go with my own twists.
Unsure if it was the long prove or the steam from using a casserole pot but this turned out to be one of the best loaves yet.
- 400g strong white bread flour
- 7g Sachet instant dried bakers yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Honey
- 300ml Warm water.
Mixed Together dry ingredients, then slowly added water in electric mixer with a dough hook.
Once mixed cover bowl with cling film and leave for 8 hrs.
Preheat oven and casserole dish to 225C for 30min, in mean time shape dough into round loaf and leave to rise for 30 min.
Bake for 30 min with the lid on, then 15 min without.
Leave to cool on a rack for as long as you can wait.
Tasted great with butter and next day toasted with honey.
A very easy Gluten Free Conversion of a Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding over at The Pink Whisk
- 340g Gluten Free self raising flour (Doves Farm)
- 1 1/2 tsp Gluten Free baking powder
- 190g caster sugar
- 75g cocoa powder (Green & Blacks)
- 150g butter, melted
- 300ml milk
- 5 eggs, large
- 450ml boiling water
- 300g light muscovado sugar
- 40g cocoa powder (Green & Blacks)
- Mix Dry Ingredients
- Whisk Milk and Eggs
- Stir Milk/Eggs and Melted Butter into Dry Ingredients.
- Spoon into Dish (12×8 in)
- Pour Source over the top.
- Bake for 35 min
- Serve hot with extra thick Double Cream.